The prospects for this country are bleak. Just take a look at the following figures:
- Official inflation rate currently at more than 7600%. This means that what cost $1 a year ago now costs $77!
- Unemployment rate of 80%.
- More than 40% of the population have HIV/AIDS.
- Life expectancy is 37 years for men, 34 years for women - lowest in the world.
- 25% of the population have fled abroad. Another 4% are displaced within the country.
Someone said "Any society is just nine missed meals from anarchy". If no grain shipments reach Zimbabwe soon they will be there soon.